[cmake-developers] LSB Qt4Targets test failures

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Jan 3 10:55:31 EST 2013

On 01/03/2013 10:26 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Currently the new Qt4Targets test I wrote is running on many linux and mac,
> but is failing on the SLED LSB platforms.
>
> http://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=1&name=Qt4Targets&date=2013-01-03

Relevant output for reference:

 Linking CXX executable Qt4Targets
 /PkgBuild/Tools/ThirdParty/lib/libQtXmlPatterns.so.4: undefined reference to `QNetworkReply::writeData(char const*, long long)'

The missing symbol is likely in QtNetwork.

> The test is essentially testing that the LINK_INTERFACE_LIBRARIES property
> on the Qt4 IMPORTED targets is working.

The link interface does not include QtNetwork so CMake is not listing it
on the link line explicitly.  This should be okay because it is a shared
library that should link to its internal dependencies.

FindQt4 also lists QtNetwork in the IMPORTED_LINK_DEPENDENT_LIBRARIES but
this will at most ensure that QtNetwork's location is listed with
-Wl,-rpath-link and is not enough to get it on the link line.  This should
also be okay.

> Given that the LSB tests fail, does that mean the hand-drawn IMPORTED
> targets are incomplete somehow in their properties? Can someone find out
> what's going on?

Matt, what is the output of

 ldd /PkgBuild/Tools/ThirdParty/lib/libQtXmlPatterns.so.4

on the test machine?