[cmake-developers] Issues with generator expressions and lists

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Feb 27 10:44:26 EST 2013

Brad King wrote:

> On 02/27/2013 08:31 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
>> but there seems to be remaining issues which would be best solved in
>> 2.8.11.
>>
>>  $<1:foo_target;bar_target>
>>
>> I'm hitting problems of conflicting requirements though, when used with
>> add_custom_command, and I'm not certain what to about them.
>
> Please elaborate on the usage in add_custom_command.

I don't know what you mean. Is something in particular not clear from the
commits in the branch?

If I write code like this:

 add_custom_command(... COMMAND moc -I$<JOIN:-I,foo;bar;bat> ...)

and hoping to get

 moc -Ifoo -Ibar -Ibat

what I actually get currently is

 moc "-Ifoo -Ibar -Ibat"

That is, one argument instead of three, which makes a difference.