[cmake-developers] INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES on STATIC libs

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 07:35:31 EST 2013

Brad King wrote:

>>, so I don't know if TARGET_PROPERTY should be
>> changed too. If it is, then it makes sense to change TARGET_DEFINED to
>> consider utilities to not be targets, as that expression is most usefully
>> used with TARGET_PROPERTY.
>
> Perhaps TARGET_DEFINED is not a good name then.  What are we really
> asking?  TARGET_LINKABLE?

As TARGET_DEFINED is not used in cmake now, I was considering removing it.
If we remove it we'll have more freedom in the future to define it again if
it is needed, or to define a similar expression with semantics we need.
Currently the expression doesn't serve any need.

Any objection to removing it?