[cmake-developers] Generate export header - remove some warnings for old compilers

Marcus D. Hanwell marcus.hanwell at kitware.com
Wed Feb 20 11:53:15 EST 2013

Hi,

I just pushed generate-export-header-warnings to the stage, this
removes the warnings emitted when the compiler is old. When making
extensive use of generate export headers these warnings only serve to
obscure real warnings, when in my opinion generate export header is
doing precisely what it should - degrade gracefully.

Are there any objections to me merging this to next? Any chance it
could make it into the next release? It has been a while since I did
anything in CMake, happy to fix up the commit a little after review
but I would like to get this merged into next soon if it looks good.

Thanks,

Marcus