[cmake-developers] Adding automatic checks for required targets in target-export files ?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 01:49:39 EST 2013

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

> On Sunday 17 February 2013, Brad King wrote:
>> On 2/16/2013 12:32 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
>> > There's another try now in ConfigFileTargetChecks5.
>> > The export-file now warns if a target does not exist, but does not
>> > error out.
>>
>> I think in light of the discussion in the other thread,
>> "Setting target properties before the target is defined",
>> there is a valid use case for the dependencies to not
>> exist when the target will not be used anyway.  We do
>> not know the final intention until generation time.
>
> The ConfigFileTargetChecks5 now uses a directory property.

Note that I have merged the try_compile-targets branch into next. Your
branch still merges cleanly into next, but the result does not build
(because of changed pure-virtual methods).

I recommend you don't try to merge ConfigFileTargetChecks5 into next until
try_compile-targets is merged to master. At that point, you can rebase
ConfigFileTargetChecks5 to master, fix it where needed, and merge it to
next.