[cmake-developers] Ninja + Windows CE

Patrick Gansterer paroga at paroga.com
Sun Feb 17 02:36:02 EST 2013

Hi,

Am 09.02.2013 um 10:39 schrieb Peter Kümmel:

> On 30.01.2013 15:17, Brad King wrote:
>> On 01/26/2013 12:33 PM, Patrick Gansterer wrote:
>>> to compile WindowsCE C++ project with Ninja I need the attached patch
>>> applied.
>>
>> One problem with this patch is that it moves the initialization of C
>> and CXX languages until after the RC initialization which tries to
>> match the location of the C/CXX compilers.  Have a look at these:
>>
>>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=e3a1f727
>>  http://cmake.org/gitweb?p=cmake.git;a=commitdiff;h=6547f369
>>
>> Peter, can you explain why this is needed for Ninja but not the
>> other generators?  Why does the logic belong in that method?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> -Brad
>>

> It wasn't clear to me why it works with other generators so I
> patched only the ninja code. Maybe there is a better solution,
> but I couldn't figure it out.

But the current Ninja generator does not work. Any variables not set in Modules/CMakeCCompiler.cmake.in get no value. E.g. SET_MSVC_CXX_ARCHITECTURE_ID stays empty, because it's set it Modules/CMakeCXXCompiler.cmake.in. Since the all other generators work it seams to my like a Ninja problem, where EnableLanguage() of the base class isn't called correctly.

-- Patrick