[cmake-developers] Depends information in buildsystem files

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 15:54:27 EST 2013

Brad King wrote:
>> Should we create LINK_LIBRARIES now instead, use it in the macros by
>> directly passing CMAKE_REQUIRED_LIBRARIES to it, and implement the
>> ignoring of -DLINK_LIBRARIES in that case?
>
> Yes, we can create LINK_LIBRARIES now for the single-source signature and
> do nothing yet for the full signature.  Later TARGETS can be added to the
> full signature.

I've implemented that in try_compile-targets in my clone. That topic will
conflict with linked-usage-cleanup in the ExportImport test, so I'll wait
until that is merged to master at least before merging to next.

I noticed that the order of paramters accepted by try_compile is not the
same as the order passed to it by the macros. I'm not certain I got the
parsing for it right.