[cmake-developers] Adding automatic checks for required targets in target-export files ?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 13:57:00 EST 2013

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>> You may also want to cherry-pick 3c84b519260398adef95a0e08f268e93430ccaf9
>> from my clone to get the policy warning in the cmake language.
>
> so I branch away from master, pick the patch you mention, and then merge
> into next, and everything will be fine still for 2.8.11 ?

First, run

 git remote -v

to see if you already have my clone as a remote. If not, run

 git remote add steveire git://gitorious.org/~steveire/cmake/steveires-
cmake.git

Then run

 git fetch steveire # Or the label printed by git remote -v

Then do your normal workflow for creating a cmake branch. I assume it is
something like this for you:

 git checkout master
 git pull --rebase
 git checkout -b config-file-target-checks
 git cherry-pick 3c84b519260398adef95a0e08f268e93430ccaf9

Then do your own work. You might benefit from spending an evening with a git
book :).