[cmake-developers] Setting includes, defines and other usage requirements with one command

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 8 16:56:16 EST 2013

On 02/08/2013 03:16 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> My preference currently is to leave things as they are including the long
> and useless string.

Your analysis is quite extensive, thanks.

Perhaps we can provide a way to tell tll not to add the id/cd
properties for a generator expression e.g.

 tll(foo LINK_PUBLIC $<NO_INTERFACES:$<$<CONFIG:Debug>:not_a_target>>>)

where the "NO_INTERFACES" expression is valid only in tll, must be
the outer-most expression, and is removed immediately by tll before
the value is used.

We could also invert it to require a $<USE_INTERFACES:...> expression
to enable them when ... is a genex.  This is starting to look like a
familiar discussion though.