[cmake-developers] INTERFACE_INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES on STATIC libs

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Fri Feb 8 08:40:31 EST 2013

On 02/07/2013 06:23 PM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Yes. This is a little inconvenient though. I wonder if we could allow tll
> with object libraries? The call would set the includes and defines just like
> any other target, and would not have any effect on linking, because that is
> not appropriate for object libraries anyway.

I don't want to give the impression that object libraries can be linked
by allowing them in tll.  The semantics are hard to define because the
usual transitive effects do not make sense.  Since using them in tll is
an error now we can always add it later.  Since object libraries cannot
be installed or exported usage requirements on them are less important.