[cmake-developers] Setting includes, defines and other usage requirements with one command

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 04:41:40 EST 2013

Stephen Kelly wrote:

> Brad King wrote:
>> Meanwhile, I've noticed the test run times on some dashboard machines
>> have doubled since two weeks ago.  Can you please run some timing
>> tests comparing current 'next' to 2.8.10.2 for some existing projects?
>
> Actually they seem to have doubled overnight when tll-includes-defines was
> merged:
>
> http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?buildid=2743648
> http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?buildid=2795799

My patches don't seem to have had any effect.

Can you pick a unit test (eg RunCMake.TargetPropertyGeneratorExpressions)
and find out exactly which commit is causing the slowdown from 1m55s to
4m28s on the affected machine?

I think I've done all I can with guesswork and without access to an affected
machine.