[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013888]: x64 generator for MSVS project makes it impossible to profile

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Sun Feb 3 03:14:09 EST 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                ixSci
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13888
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-02-03 03:14 EST
Last Modified:              2013-02-03 03:14 EST
When one generates x64 project for MSVS2012(I don't know about other versions,
but it may be similar) then this project won't be listed under Profiler Wizard.
So one can't profile one's project under MSVS when generate it with cmake.

I've found that if I add win32 configuration then the issue is gone. So I
propose to add the following to x64 generator(example for Release):
<ProjectConfiguration Include="Release|Win32">
      <Configuration>Release</Configuration>
      <Platform>Win32</Platform>
</ProjectConfiguration>
under <ItemGroup Label="ProjectConfigurations">

Steps to Reproduce:
Generate any project with "Visual Studio 11 Win64", go to "Analyze->Launch
Performance Wizard" and see that project is not listed under projects available
for profiling

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change