[cmake-developers] define_property deprecated?

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Thu Dec 19 11:21:43 EST 2013

On 2013-12-18 11:52, Brad King wrote:
> On 12/12/2013 01:19 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
>> Loosely related: is there a way to make export() and install(EXPORT) set
>> these properties for exported targets?
>
> Not of which I'm aware.  You can have your package configuration file
> add them after loading the imported targets, but that would be a
> (centralized) workaround.

For now I probably just won't support importing wrapped libraries.

This would probably be a useful feature to add. I can see it being
useful in any case where a project is sort-of building their own
language/bindings/etc. on top of CMake (e.g. UseJava could possibly
benefit also, to name at least one other).

--
Matthew