[cmake-developers] Problem with sphinx

Alexander Neundorf neundorf at kde.org
Sun Dec 15 12:59:02 EST 2013

Hi,

I have a problem with the new documentation system, it complains that it can't
load the extension "cmake" because the module "error_reporting" is missing.
That's what I get when I do "make documentation":

[100%] sphinx-build html: see Utilities/Sphinx/build-html.log
cd /home/neundorf/src/CMake/build/Utilities/Sphinx
  && /usr/bin/sphinx-build -c /home/neundorf/src/CMake/build/Utilities/Sphinx
       -d /home/neundorf/src/CMake/build/Utilities/Sphinx/doctrees
       -b html /home/neundorf/src/CMake/cmake/Help
      /home/neundorf/src/CMake/build/Utilities/Sphinx/html > build-html.log
Extension error:
Could not import extension cmake (exception: No module named error_reporting)
make[3]: *** [Utilities/Sphinx/doc_format_html] Error 1

The directories are all ok.
build-html.log contains:
Running Sphinx v1.1.3

Python docutils 0.9 are installed. It seems somehow docutils.error_reporting
is missing. This is on a SUSE 12.2, using python 2.

Is the installed docutils package somehow not new enough ?

Thanks
Alex