[cmake-developers] Converting cmake_parse_arguments to a builtin command

Matthew Woehlke matthew.woehlke at kitware.com
Fri Dec 6 15:11:26 EST 2013

On 2013-12-06 14:51, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
> Are you sure you don't want the command to be renamed to
> "parse_arguments"? The only commands containing "cmake" looks strictly
> related to "cmake", and the arguments parsing does not look that much
> related...

FWIW, I was sort-of hoping it would be. If so, CMakeParseArguments.cmake
can be left with a simple stub to call the new version.

As a bonus, the new version could itself take named arguments instead of
positional with a flag whether or not to skip empty (default = keep)
with the compatibility wrapper instead specifying to skip, and no policy
would be needed (if you want the new behavior, just use parse_arguments).

--
Matthew