[cmake-developers] Review Request: Topic ExternalProject-independent-step-targets

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Dec 5 09:00:43 EST 2013

On 12/04/2013 10:41 AM, Brad King wrote:
> On 12/04/2013 07:22 AM, Daniele E. Domenichelli wrote:
>> Done and merged to next again.
>
> Now the ExternalProject tests fail on the continuous builds.
> Please take a look.

Thanks for the fixes this morning.  However, I do not like having
to update all the existing calls with

+    INDEPENDENT_STEP_TARGETS ""

to suppress the behavior tested in one case.  It drops coverage of
the basic use case that does not have the above option specified
explicitly.  IIUC the option was added due to this:

+set_property(DIRECTORY PROPERTY EP_INDEPENDENT_STEP_TARGETS update)

In order to cover the directory property without affecting other
cases one could either add a subdirectory to hold it or move the
property setting down near the bottom of the file just above cases
that need it.