[cmake-developers] Review Request: Topic ExternalProject-independent-step-targets

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Dec 2 12:06:06 EST 2013

On 11/27/2013 10:40 AM, Brad King wrote:
> Go ahead and merge it to 'next' for testing.  I will review it
> there when I return from vacation next week.

Please extend the topic with updates to the test suite to cover the
new option.  Even if it is too hard to test that the independent
build behavior works we at least need to verify that using the
option does not break anything.

Also please add a RunCMake.ExternalProject test with a case to
verify that this message appears:

+        message(AUTHOR_WARNING "Using NO_DEPENDS for \"${step}\" step  might break parallel builds")

Also remove extra indentation from the above-quoted line.