[cmake-developers] Code Changes to support C++ Windows Forms

john.farrier at helleboreconsulting.com john.farrier at helleboreconsulting.com
Sun Apr 28 22:20:24 EDT 2013

Hello all!  New CMake developer here!

I have modified the latest version of CMake from Git to be able to use
.resx files and integrate them into Visual Studio, perform the correct
associations, and enable use of the Visual Studio designer for Windows
Forms applications after a solution and projects are configured by
CMake.  The changes were fairly minimal, but really help me out!  I
have a project that is mostly cross-platform, but there are a few
plugins that are windows-specific.  I wanted to use CMake to build and
manage the project, but when CMake configured the windows GUI's, I
would lose all of the designer information, which is totally
unacceptable for ever having to make a change to the GUI.  This change
is targeted specifically at C++ Windows Forms applications using CLI.
I'd like to push these changes up, so feedback is welcome!

- John Farrier