[cmake-developers] find_package without REQUIRED can cause fatal error now

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Wed Apr 24 09:02:19 EDT 2013

On 04/24/2013 02:45 AM, chris wrote:
> when building packages I get errors like the following...
>
> CMake Error at /lib/cmake/KActivities/KActivitiesLibraryTargets.cmake:68 (message):
[snip]
> Call Stack (most recent call first):
>    /lib/cmake/KActivities/KActivitiesConfig.cmake:18 (include)
>    r:/share/apps/cmake/modules/MacroOptionalFindPackage.cmake:32 (find_package)
>    CMakeLists.txt:14 (macro_optional_find_package)

The KActivitiesConfig.cmake file is probably looking for things
relative to its own location but somehow it has been included
as "/lib/cmake/..." without a drive letter so paths computed
relative to its own location also do not have a drive letter.

Something is handing the find_package call a search path without
a drive letter.  Read the find_package docs here:

 http://www.cmake.org/cmake/help/v2.8.10/cmake.html#command:find_package

to see the list of places it gets search paths.  Use message()
to print each one out just before the call to see which one has
the missing drive letter.

-Brad