[cmake-developers] hdf5 dependency on mpi (was: CMake 2.8.11-rc3 ready for testing!)

Biddiscombe, John A. biddisco at cscs.ch
Mon Apr 22 11:52:07 EDT 2013

Brad, Stephen

OK. I can add the find_package to the hdf5-config.cmake
But the user still has to add the include path to their own projects, and link each target against mpi.

Paraview, for example, fails to build when you link against a system hdf5 which has parallel enabled. You have to manually change about 5 different cmakelists files to get it to work, if the hdf5_config, transitively added the link, it'd be much nicer.

Can I add the #include and link into the hdf5-config.cmake?
This is what I was advised not to do before. I can't find the advice on google, but will try harder if you really want it

JB