[cmake-developers] [CMake 0014097]: variable UNIX set to 1 on windows xp in VM on linux host

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Apr 17 16:03:10 EDT 2013

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=14097
Reported By:                pekarvm
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   14097
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2013-04-17 16:03 EDT
I have a 32 bit windows XP VM (VirtualBox) on a OpenSuse 12.3 64 bit host. In
the VM I have Visual C++ 2010 express.

For me the variable UNIX is set to 1. If I try to change that by force by:
set(UNIX 0)
set(WIN32 1)
set(MSVC 1)

Then the project seems to build. However, I have to correct the included libs,
because they look like on unix, e.g.:
;-lWs2_32.lib
instead of:
Ws2_32.lib