[cmake-developers] ninja enforces explicit dependencies before order-only

Robert Maynard robert.maynard at kitware.com
Wed Apr 3 11:15:40 EDT 2013

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 9:19 AM, Brad King <brad.king at kitware.com> wrote:

> a side effect?  Is there another way to do this in CMake's Ninja gen?

Yes I have found a way we can do this in CMake's Ninja generator.
The Ninja generator needs to be taught to create phony ninja targets for
any file that exists in the build directory and which is a dependency of
a custom command target ( this might need to be expanded to a dependency of
any
target in the future).  Ninja phony targets can also be used to create
targets for files
which may not exist at build time otherwise an error will occur if the file
does not exist.

I hope to have a branch by the end of this week that will update the Ninja
generator with this fix.

--
Robert Maynard