[cmake-developers] Creating Windows 7 manifests with mingw builds

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Mon Apr 1 10:13:02 EDT 2013

On 03/30/2013 02:17 PM, Ralf Habacker wrote:
> Because gnu linker is not able to add manifests directly, an additional
> step is required. The following approach should work for this case as
> far as i can see.
>
> - add the the mt binary to ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Binaries/ so that it is not in
> the search path (to not conflict with msvc provided mt)

Yes, we can find a place to install it that is not next to "cmake.exe"
so it won't be in the PATH.  We could also build it into CMake as
"cmake -E mt" or something since we can fold in the generously
licensed implementation.

> - add the macro below to ${CMAKE_ROOT}/Modules/Platform/Windows-GNU.cmake

The macro-replacement of builtin commands is a debugging feature.
We can find another way to execute this.  Basically it just needs
to be run right after the linker, right?

Thanks,
-Brad