[cmake-developers] patch for cmake that adds a new timestamp command

Nils Gladitz gladitz at sci-vis.de
Thu Sep 27 09:10:33 EDT 2012

I wouldn't mind if this were a string subcommand.

Initially I wanted something like this to tag package filenames.

What gave me another push is this CMake test:
http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=160586053&build=2583145

It seems to fail on my system because it relies on the US locale
formatting of %DATE% and %TIME% (my test system has a german locale).

There are also these older mailing list posts asking for something similar:
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2009-March/027915.html
http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2010-November/041030.html

It would be really cool to have fractions of seconds too but I'm not
sure how to portably implement those.

Nils

E-Mail: gladitz at scivis.de
Web: www.scivis.de