[cmake-developers] export() generates files at configure time

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 13:52:13 EDT 2012

Hi,

In investigating moving the linking-relevant API from cmTarget to
cmGeneratorTarget, I found that the export() command generates target files
at configure time, not at generate time.

If it generated the files at generate time, I would be able to make progress
moving the linking-relevant API.

I can't think of any reason for the fact that it currently generates the
files at configure time to be useful. Any objection to changing that?