[cmake-developers] RuntimePath test failures

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Sep 20 08:39:15 EDT 2012

On 09/20/2012 08:01 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> There are many failures of the RuntimePath test today. I can't reproduce the
> failure, and I don't see a pattern in the failing builds. I assume my branch
> is causing it though :).
>
> http://open.cdash.org/testDetails.php?test=159923423&build=2572308
>
> Can someone find out what is going on? I've reverted a patch which might
> have caused the problem. The 4f5384e75c6a00d110d3fa3f555a3f6a4f31bb46 patch
> might be the cause either, or not.
>
> Could someone run a test on one of the failing machines so we can narrow it
> down?

I didn't track it down to the exact commit but something in
the range 837d2b9f..d238d844 caused the order of the runtime
search path on the RuntimePath executable to be switched:

Fails:

 -Wl,-rpath,".../Tests/RuntimePath/B:.../Tests/RuntimePath/A"

Works:

 -Wl,-rpath,".../Tests/RuntimePath/A:.../Tests/RuntimePath/B"

That is the only difference in the generated build tree for
the test AFAICT.