[cmake-developers] Tests with custom launchers and "Not Run"

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Sep 18 17:37:33 EDT 2012

I don't like it. Existing tests that run and return, for example, a number
of errors that occurred, will magically appear as "not run" when that
number just so happens to be 77.

If there are enough people who think this is "simple and works" and are not
concerned about the accidental matching of an intentional return value of
77 that does NOT mean "not run" ... then I will relent and say, so be it,
and allow it in.

But only if there are some people who speak up here or add notes to the bug.

It just seems wrong to me to treat 77 as some special number here.