[cmake-developers] Tests with custom launchers and "Not Run"

Mathias Gaunard mathias.gaunard at ens-lyon.org
Wed Sep 12 13:26:20 EDT 2012

Hi,

When not using a custom launcher for a test, if the executable doesn't
exist then ctest will report "Not Run".

Is there a way to do this with a custom launcher as well? When the file
doesn't exist it always gives me "Failed" instead.

I need to run my tests in qemu because of cross-compilation, and because
of this all my "Not Run" tests end up being marked as "Failed", which is
a bit annoying.

Maybe CTest should be changed to interpret a certain return value as
"test does not exist"?