[cmake-developers] conditionals in generator expressions

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Wed Sep 12 11:36:46 EDT 2012

Brad King wrote:

>> So now that we've agreed on the language, and unless I've missed
>> something, I'll refactor that code to use helper methods rather than
>> helper classes and generally clean up and rewrite the branch.
>
> Sounds good.

I've force-pushed the generator-expression-refactor branch to my gitorious
clone.

I did find a reason to keep the structs around for each generator
expression. Now they have a few virtual methods which control how the
evaluation proceeds.

The unit tests pass for me, and I think it's ready to merge to next. I don't
remember the magic git log command to check the style for text width though?

I've added a TODO list to the wiki page with everything I could think of
that is still required to make target_use_targets possible (It's a lot :))

http://community.kde.org/Frameworks/Epics/CMake_target_usage_requirements

The next thing I want to do is to see if I can make full use of
cmGeneratorTarget and use const proactively while doing so, to make the code
more clear. I'm not 100% certain that's possible, but it's the next goal I
have. Any comments on that?