[cmake-developers] target property COMPILE_FLAGS_<CONFIG>

Michael Stürmer m.stuermer at pmdtec.com
Thu Sep 6 05:13:31 EDT 2012

Hello there,

I really have the need get some configuration dependent compiler flags
into my CMake projects. For linker stage properties
LINKER_FLAGS_<CONFIG> exist, unfortunately COMPILE_FLAGS_<CONFIG> do
not. I want to change that myself and would be very happy if some
experienced developers could direct me a little where to look best
within the sources.

Here is what I have so far:

- checkout of the sources
- Project configured and compiled using CS2010
- generated Doxygen documentation

I located visual studio specific classes Global- and Local-Generators
but I'm not sure how they are used.

Is therey any sort of generic introduction how cmake works internally
for new developers to have an easier start? I really would like to
contribute to this great software project!

Sorry for my probably very simple questions ...