[cmake-developers] execute_process inconsitancy

J Decker d3ck0r at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 15:04:26 EDT 2012

I use this command to get the current repository version number.

Under windows I have to use 'cmd /c ...'
under linux or I obviously can't use that.

Is there a test I can do in a cmakelists to test the shell processor?

Is there something I can do to make this the same command?

Under windows, without cmd /c .... the output variable is blank.

if( WIN32 )

execute_process( COMMAND cmd /c hg id -i WORKING_DIRECTORY
${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR} OUTPUT_VARIABLE TMP_CURRENT_REPO_REVISION )

else( WIN32 )

execute_process( COMMAND hg id -i WORKING_DIRECTORY
${CMAKE_SOURCE_DIR} OUTPUT_VARIABLE TMP_CURRENT_REPO_REVISION )

endif( WIN32 )