[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013623]: MSBuild.exe doesn't "see" a project in solution (MSVC 2012 express)

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Wed Oct 31 04:31:08 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
Reported By:                Michael Broutin
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13623
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   minor
Date Submitted:             2012-10-31 04:31 EDT
Hi,
I'm no sure whether it's a CMake or MSVC issue, but here is the case :
I use a nightly build of CMake which has MSVC 2012 express support (2.8.9
doesn't support it, AFAIK)
In the generated solution, I have a custom target to build doxygen doc (Cmake
script is here :
http://code.google.com/p/ogre-procedural/source/browse/docs/CMakeLists.txt)

I can build successfully this target from within the IDE.

But, when I try to run it from a batch, either using "CMake --build" or
MSBuild.exe things get a bit messy : when I specify the target "doc", MSBuild or
CMake just say that this target doesn't exist in the solution.
Other targets with code in it, or building with no target specified seem to work
properly, it's just this target which fails...

Steps to Reproduce:
Build the Ogre SDK from source for MSVC11 express
Get this project : http://code.google.com/p/ogre-procedural/source/checkout
Generate it with CMake, then call "CMake --build" with target doc.

Additional Information:
In the past, I used MSVC 2010 and it properly built the "doc" target.
But I used devenv.exe (or VCExpress.exe for the express version), didn't try
with MSBuild.

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change