[cmake-developers] [CMake 0013614]: Allow setting VC_SCC_PROVIDER for ALL_BUILD target (e.g. in Visual Studio 10)

Mantis Bug Tracker mantis at public.kitware.com
Tue Oct 30 08:51:41 EDT 2012

The following issue has been SUBMITTED.
http://www.cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=13614
Reported By:                Hendrik Sattler
Assigned To:
Project:                    CMake
Issue ID:                   13614
Category:                   CMake
Reproducibility:            always
Severity:                   tweak
Date Submitted:             2012-10-30 08:51 EDT
Hi,

My main CMakeLists.txt file does not contain any targets itself but uses
add_subdirectory(). This results in that CMakeLists.txt file to be part of the
ALL_BUILD project the the Visual Studio 10 Solution.

Sadly, I cannot set any properties for this target (VS project), so I cannot
checkin/-out that file in Visual Studio.

One possible fix (and probably making the common use of SCC easier: there is
usually only one for a whole project) is to allow setting these flags not only
as target properties but also as global properties.

Regards...

Issue History
Date Modified    Username       Field                    Change