[cmake-developers] rpm/deb component issue

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 16:25:38 EDT 2012

2012/10/24 Clinton Stimpson <clinton at elemtech.com>:

>> Looks good, I'll give it a more thorough look & test tomorrow or the day
>> after.
>
> Ok thanks.  I'll go ahead and put in on stage then.
>
> Also, when I run the tests, CPackComponents fails for me, and its because I
> don't have nsis installed on this Linux machine.  I'm looking at
> Tests/CMakeLists.txt and I don't see a way to turn off that test.  Only on
> Windows does it check the existence of nsis and disables the test.  Or am I
> looking at it wrong?

The
CTEST_RUN_CPackComponents is not a problem on linux.
and from my understanding this

    if(NSIS_MAKENSIS_EXECUTABLE)
      set(CPackComponents_EXTRA_OPTIONS ${CPackComponents_EXTRA_OPTIONS}
        -DCPACK_BINARY_NSIS:BOOL=ON)
    endif()

should protect against trying to use NSIS generator on any platform.
because NSIS_MAKENSIS_EXECUTABLE
comes from:
find_program(NSIS_MAKENSIS_EXECUTABLE NAMES makensis ...)

which is not guarded by any platform specific test.

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org