[cmake-developers] rpm/deb component issue

Clinton Stimpson clinton at elemtech.com
Wed Oct 24 13:59:52 EDT 2012

I have a problem with the rpm & deb cpack generators.

I've set the following:
set(CPACK_COMPONENTS_ALL_IN_ONE_PACKAGE 1)
set(CPACK_DEB_COMPONENT_INSTALL 1)
set(CPACK_RPM_COMPONENT_INSTALL 1)

I get this implementation detail string "ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE" being put in
the package name (that is name, not the filename), so I end up with "mypackage-
ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE".  To remove it, I do "yum remove mypackage-
ALL_COMPONENTS_IN_ONE".
I would rather just have "mypackage" since that is the name I've specified.
But I don't see a way to override it.

Does anyone have a suggested way for me to fix cmCPack*Generator.cxx and/or
CPackDeb.cmake, CPackRPM.cmake?  This is the first time I've looked at
modifying those particular files.

--
Clinton Stimpson
Elemental Technologies, Inc