[cmake-developers] [CMake] Random behavior of CTEST_USE_LAUNCHERS

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Tue Oct 16 15:35:06 EDT 2012

Well, the mixing of lines of output from parallel compiles was the
main reason log scraping didn't work well.

At least with the launchers, we'd be able to "scrape" from a single
output stream associated with a single build step and we wouldn't have
the mixing of lines problem anymore.

Nils has a point in that we are already analyzing the output
line-by-line in order to do custom warning suppression. It would be
awesome to make it better. (But would also probably require some
corresponding CDash changes...)

It's not going to be an "easy do it in a day" kind of thing, but this
is a good idea to keep on the back burner.

(Nils's main challenge at the moment, if I understand correctly, is to
find the ONE or TWO unsuppressed warnings in an output stream that
contains 100's of warnings... so that he can then suppress those as
well)

David