[cmake-developers] Bug introduced in generate-time target checking code

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Oct 16 09:13:51 EDT 2012

On 10/16/2012 08:43 AM, Stephen Kelly wrote:
> Still, some of the platforms fail the test, and don't give any information
> about why:
>
> http://open.cdash.org/testSummary.php?project=1&name=GeneratorExpression&date=2012-10-16
>
> Can someone please provide more information (backtrace or further
> investigation) for one of the failing platforms?

Borland Make and NMake both have an inline file syntax that starts with "<<":

 http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/z440c98k.aspx

The custom command generated by this test accidentally triggers that.
I don't know if there is a way to escape it.  It's probably simplest
for your purposes to just do something else in the test.