[cmake-developers] Bug introduced in generate-time target checking code

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Oct 15 11:04:35 EDT 2012

Stephen Kelly wrote:

>> None of the outputs have a backtrace. Any idea why? Can a backtrace be
>> provided? Reading the code, I'm not seeing which iteration is going past
>> the end.
>
> I added some asserts and found that the problem is in iterating over comma
> tokens somehow. I'll see about fixing it.

I wrote a topic to attempt to fix this, but it seems to have had mixed
results. Bcc still fails, vs10 passes, but has a new failure in
RunCMake.TargetPropertyGeneratorExpressions:

http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlyfailed&buildid=2614187

http://open.cdash.org/viewTest.php?onlydelta&buildid=2614232

I'm not sure if the new failure is the result of the merge or not. I'd
probably need a backtrace to diagnose the bcc failure.

Anyway, this should be unrelated to the fix-NOTFOUND-processing branch.

The fix-INCLUDE_DIRECTORIES-multiconfig is also important for the release I
think, but I haven't tested it with the multi-config generators.