[cmake-developers] Sublime Text 2 / SublimeClang Generator

Morné Chamberlain thefreeman.za at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 04:04:31 EDT 2012

On 14 October 2012 04:32, Mathias Gaunard <mathias.gaunard at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
> On 10/13/2012 12:53 PM, Morné Chamberlain wrote:
>
>> At the moment all the source files are explicitly listed in the
>> Sublime Text project file. My thinking here was to try and ensure that
>> the generated Sublime Text project represents only the files that
>> CMake is going to include in the build system (and the CMakeLists.txt
>> and .cmake files themselves). This also appeared to be similar to what
>> the generators for other IDEs do.
>

> I don't know about the other generators, but the Eclipse generator at least
> will simply add the source directory to the project.
>
> The problem which your "source" approach is that it doesn't work for
> projects with lots of headers.
> Some projects are even header-only.

I think I was mostly thinking of the CodeBlocks generator. After
reading your message, and thinking more about it, I agree that it does
make a lot of sense to simply add the source directory to the project.
I often work on projects where there are extra files as well, like
default configuration or resource files, that one would also want to
edit from the editor. With the way I was doing it those files wouldn't
show up in the Sublime Text project either. I'll make the change
today.