[cmake-developers] Sublime Text 2 / SublimeClang Generator

Mathias Gaunard mathias.gaunard at ens-lyon.org
Fri Oct 12 22:36:26 EDT 2012

On 12/10/2012 00:05, Morne' Chamberlain wrote:
> Hi
>
> My name is Morné Chamberlain and this is my first post to this list. I
> recently started using Sublime Text 2 as a text editor and light
> development environment. I use CMake in many of my projects and felt the
> need for a Sublime Text 2 project file generator for CMake. So a couple
> of days ago I started to implement a generator, based initially of off
> the CodeBlocks one.
>
> Current status:
> - All source and CMakeLists.txt files are included in the generated
> project file, with the directory tree structure.

I mostly use Sublime Text for its great scalability. I can add a
directory with 20k files and I'll be able to work with them instantly.

I hope your generated configuration does not add files one by one and is
still very fast to load for such cases.

> - The generated project file also includes a sublimeclang_options
> section where include paths and compiler definitions are defined for use
> by the SublimeClang plugin (C/C++ as you type syntax and error checking
> plugin for Sublime Text that uses llvm and clang).

sublimeclang works very badly for large projects or projects that are
costly to compile.
I hope it can be disabled?

> - Currently only tested on Ubuntu 12.04 with Unix Makefiles.

Would it be possible to make it work with Ninja as well?