[cmake-developers] Missing docs for CMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NAME and possible cmake code generation bug.

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Oct 1 15:27:21 EDT 2012

Hi,

In commit 6f50a04cc1c4584472f850e06daad7ae20af45c4, a
CMAKE_FIND_PACKAGE_NAME variable was introduced, but not documented.
Sometimes it is deliberate to not document things like that, but I thought
I'd ask if it is.

The same commit generates cmake code with uppercasing, but with empty endif
commands.

I think I saw that cmake code generated by cmake remains uppercase in case
anyone using an older cmake is processing files generated by a newer cmake.
Does the same apply to populating the end* commands?

Such cases of old and new cmake are not unit tested obviously, but then if
we're not unit testing the case, can we expect to maintain it? Should we
maybe just lower case the generated code too as was done with all the other
cmake code?