[cmake-developers] [CMake] Q: cmExportFileGenerator::GenerateImportedFileCheckLoop

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 13 13:21:48 EDT 2012

On 3/13/2012 1:10 PM, Alexander Neundorf wrote:
> One option for cmake 2.8.8 would be, instead of erroring out to consider the
> package not found.

That's a nice use case for the new <pkg>_FOUND behavior we've discussed.
The package configuration file would have to cooperate with the cmake-
generated targets file though.  It would have to print a message about
why it sets _FOUND to false.

>> This is another question: does cmake export file support
>> non-monolithic configuration. I believe it does not. When generating
>> the export file, cmake will loop over all exported targets and list
>> any missing one. It is not capable of recursing into sub-exported file
>> IMHO.
>
> Yes, this is missing.

There has been discussion towards making exports with dependencies
on other exports but no specific proposal has been made.  Mathieu,
the export() command can generate a file in pieces in APPEND mode
but you will loose the verification that all needed targets have
been exported.