[cmake-developers] Ninja windows

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Sat Mar 10 15:10:20 EST 2012

If somebody else has done work since the last time you pushed it to
'stage', then you should rebase any of your work on top of that to
keep a linear topic branch history.

  git checkout ninja-generator # (your local one...)
  git pull --rebase stage ninja-generator

should do what you're asking.

The other alternative is to always grab the latest from the stage
before you begin your work. (But you may still need to rebase if
somebody else is also working on it at the same time, and that
developer pushes first...)

Do you want me to clean up the commits you just pushed and make it
linear with no merges, or would you like to do it yourself?

Thanks (and hope this helps),
David