[cmake-developers] Build faild on Darwin? Don't know why?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 02:43:50 EST 2012

2012/2/20 David Cole <david.cole at kitware.com>:
> The lesson here is:
>
> - ignore dashboard failures for the BundleGenerator test on Mac machines
> unless it is happening consistently build after build after build
>
> - also ignore any test failures that contain references to a failed run of
> "hdiutil" which fails sporadically -- only consider it a real problem with
> the CMake code if it happens consistently
>
> If anybody can actually figure out a good way for us to work-around or
> really fix these issues on the Mac, so we never see sporadic failures as
> build/test problems on the CMake dashboard, I'll gladly buy you dinner!!

David,

Did you see this bug report:
this may explain the sporadic failure on MacOS?

Now I see that there is already a retry loop,
[...]
// since we get random dashboard failures with this one
  // try running it more than once
  int numTries = 4;
  bool res = false;
  while(numTries > 0)
[...]

but if anti-virus is the reason for hdiutil failure may be there is
a way to tell the anti-virus to stay away from mounted image?

--
Erk
http://www.le-message.org