[cmake-developers] Introducing: message(DEBUG)

Yury G. Kudryashov urkud.urkud at gmail.com
Sat Mar 3 08:05:11 EST 2012

Rolf Eike Beer wrote:

> I have a small patch to CMake that looks like this:
> +      if (!this->Makefile->IsOn("CMAKE_DEBUG_MESSAGES"))
I propose to print message if one of the following holds:
* CMAKE_DEBUG_MESSAGES is true;
* CMAKE_DEBUG_MESSAGES_FileName is true, where FileName is
CMAKE_CURRENT_LIST_FILE's name without extension;
* Current list file is CMakeLists.txt and
CMAKE_DEBUG_MESSAGES_CurrentDirectory is true.

This will allow

# Turn all debug messages
-DCMAKE_DEBUG_MESSAGES=ON
# Turn all debug messages in FindBoost.cmake
-DCMAKE_DEBUG_MESSAGES_FindBoost=ON
# Turn all debug messages in mysubdir/CMakeLists.txt
-DCMAKE_DEBUG_MESSAGES_mysubdir=ON
# Turn all debug messages in **/CMakeLists.txt
-DCMAKE_DEBUG_MESSAGES_CMakeLists=ON
--
Yury G. Kudryashov,
mailto: urkud at mccme.ru