[cmake-developers] Two pull requests

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Thu Mar 1 11:35:00 EST 2012

On 3/1/2012 10:47 AM, Eric Noulard wrote:
> Last time I tried to enable KWStyle hooks following this:
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/Git/Hooks#Setup

That page is generic for many of Kitware's projects and
is not specific to CMake.  The same hooks are also used
for ITK.  For a while the kwstyle and uncrustify hooks
were added and used by ITK.  Later they were moved over
to ITK proper and are now invoked through the generic
hooks' chaining feature.  They no longer exist in the
generic hooks outright.  I removed the discussion of
them from the wiki page.

I'm not a big fan of automatic code formatting and
layout tools.  There are almost always exceptions and
special cases.  I'd rather cover that during code review.