[cmake-developers] Portable STD_CXX11 target property?

Stephen Kelly steveire at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 09:15:05 EDT 2012

Hi there,

Given that std::list in libstdc++ is not binary compatible between C++98 and
C++11, I'm wondering if we can have a STD_CXX11 property to set whether
C++11 should be used. Equivalent STD_CXX98 could also be provided perhaps.

http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.lib.qt.devel/3484/focus=4691

I have pushed a std-cxx-target-property branch to my gitorious repo to
illustrate the idea further, but I don't think there is any way to specify
which c++ standard to restrict to with MSVC, so the idea may already be
useless or dead in the water.

What do you think?