[cmake-developers] -GNinja on Windows

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Wed Jun 13 09:16:01 EDT 2012

On 6/12/2012 7:08 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:

> So we don't need any ninja patches, neither for msvc nor for mingw.
> All tests pass with ninja master.
WOW!

Congrats, this is awesome.  The windows ninja dashboard is totally green
today.  Thanks for all the hard work, this is really great stuff.

It is now the official speed daemon for windows builds.  Look at this
machine:

http://open.cdash.org/index.php?project=CMake&date=2012-06-13&filtercount=1&showfilters=1&field1=site/string&compare1=63&value1=dash2win64

ninja wins in build and test time over jom, nmake, and gmake!

The only thing left for ninja now is the OSX framework and bundle stuff.
  Also, we have to figure out how to get it to fortran 90 module depend
stuff.  But, windows is now done!

I guess I also need to setup a ninja mingw dashboard.

Thanks.

-Bill