[cmake-developers] -GNinja on Windows

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jun 12 15:30:33 EDT 2012

On 6/12/2012 3:15 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:

> First its evaluates the variable "out"
> https://github.com/syntheticpp/ninja/blob/master/src/eval_env.cc#L36
>     -> "c:\my build\Utilities\KWIML\test\CMakeFiles\cmIML_test.dir\test.c.obj"

So, if this removed the quotes would it work: env->LookupVariable(i->first)

Remove the start and end quotes from the lookup?
> then it appends a RAW string
> https://github.com/syntheticpp/ninja/blob/master/src/eval_env.cc#L34
>     -> "c:\my build\Utilities\KWIML\test\CMakeFiles\cmIML_test.dir\test.c.obj".d

Again, I think this should be moved to the ninja mailing list.  My goal
is to create a patch that makes them happen and works with spaces in the
path on windows.  Also, since ninja devs care more about linux if the
problem could be re-created there that might help, but I suspect it can
not be...

-Bill