[cmake-developers] -GNinja on Windows

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Jun 12 15:17:37 EDT 2012

On 6/12/2012 3:10 PM, Peter Kümmel wrote:

> --> depfile = $out.d = "c:\my build\Utilities\KWIML\test\CMakeFiles\cmIML_test.dir\test.c.obj".d

Maybe this should be mentioned on the ninja mailing list.  If this were
CMake, I would say that the " should be stripped when $out is being
expanded.  It just seems like this is a fundamental issue with ninja and
handling spaces in the path with .d files.  How does it work on linux?
I guess it uses foo\ space?

The way this is handled in CMake, is that all paths inside a CMake file
have to be posix style using / even on windows.

-Bill